The Early Intervention Center(EIC) at Milestone has in its team the occupational therapist, physiotherapist, psychologist, speech therapist, and special educators.
EIC at the School of Hope is specially designed to provide services to children from birth to 3 years of age who have a developmental delay, or are considered to be environmentally or biologically at risk.
Early intervention is aimed at :
- Accelerating the rate of development of the child.
- Acquisition of new behaviour skills.
- Increase the child's level of independence.
- Early detection and prevention of secondary handicaps.
- Minimize effect of handicapping condition.
- Parent and family counselling.
Services Provided at the EIC are:
- Diagnosis and assessment.
- Occupational therapy.
- Psychological Services.
- Speech and language therapy.